I got done with college a few days ago and I'm fairly certain that I should be able to complete what I proposed for the mid-terms. We have a few things looking in good shape now.
- Use Ctrl as the modifier to multi-select items, release it to stop multi-selecting and perform operations.
- A modified popup-menu appears for doing stuff on multiple items, this only appears on right-clicking the selected items. Non-selected items have their own menus. Effectively, it's possible to still normally work on the non-selected items even with selection in place.
- Favorites are logged in .gtk-bookmarks, it is possible to add new items from either editing the file directly, or dragging stuff in GtkFileChooser. Consequently, this would need to be fixed later on, to allow Nautilus to do the same.
- Initiate new Zeigeist events if bookmarked URIs are not previously indexed.
- Finish the Nautilus DBus API discussed over here.
- Fix all the FIXMEs.
- Start with other filtering categories like Trash and Conversation monitoring.
- The journal currently looks bare. The interface needs to be brought in-sync with the standard guidelines and stuff like, icons, header stylizations, and layouts need some improvements. Here's a nice mockup by David Prieto to serve a bit of inspiration -
We have a neat way to make gnome-shell extensions multi-file (thanks, Federico!).
It'll now be much easier to update this journal as an extension. I've updated all of the above, here.